What Should You Pack As a Solo Female Traveler?
So you are going on vacation, and are now planning everything out. Now you have to consider what you are going to bring with you and how much you should bring. Since you are going on a long trip (maybe overseas, Canada, Mexico, etc) you are going to bring enough stuff with you to flourish, but not enough so that dragging it around is… well… a drag.
Having a great women’s travel backpack
One of the best things that you can bring with you when you are traveling is a travel backpack. Not only will this take the pain off of the joints, but it will also make it much easier to carry your stuff around from place to place. Another benefit is added safety. Since it is so easy to have your purse snatched, carrying a backpack instead makes it far more secure.
We have a couple of women’s travel backpacks that we recommend as well, which are high quality and durable. These packs are even more contoured to a woman’s body, making them feel that much more comfortable when you are on vacation. Nobody wants to be uncomfortable when they are trying to relax and have a good time.
Necessities that you should bring
When packing for any location, it is always good to research the rules and customs of that place. That way you can be respectful of another countries rules and laws and not offend someone. This can be more easily done if you are a female, as things such as toplessness or showing too much skin can be an issue in certain countries.
Also, when packing, try not to overpack. It is always good to make sure that you have all the stuff you think you need with, but remember, when you are out and about, you will not be using most of the stuff that you bring with you anyways. So it is always best to just bring the products that you know for sure that you will need.
Remember, you are going there for the experiences, so you probably won’t need too many things that might distract you. Also, you are most likely going to be coming back with more than you left with. So what are a few things that you should consider taking with you on just about any trip?
- lightweight clothing that can be easily layered in case of temperature drops. As well as socks, underwear, the works.
- Comfortable walking shoes, and a pair of sandals in case you need them.
- Electronics that you need, such as cell phone or laptop
- Bringing things like toothpaste or shaving cream can be an issue when you are traveling by air, although it is possible. Buying them when you touch down can save you the hassle.
- Hairbrush or comb
- Any prescription medications with the label still attached
- A swimsuit if you are planning on swimming
- Your sense of adventure
Non-essentials you should consider
While lowering the amount of stuff you have is vital, bringing few extra things with you to make your time that much easier will never hurt.
- While us women may like a lot of jewelry to go with our outfits, it’s not exactly essential. However, taking a few choice pieces can’t hurt.
- Travel pillows can make riding on an airplane or train feel so much more relaxing. However, it also can take up a fair amount of your already limited room.
- A travel towel is always a good thing to have, especially if you plan on playing in the water when you are out and about.
- A book in case you are waiting long periods of time, or when in your hotel room.
Organizing your things
When it comes to packing, organization is key. Granted, most of the stuff that you should be taking with you are going to be clothing, so folding them neatly will prevent many of the issues involved in space. Another thing is to make sure that your stuff is TSA compliant. The TSA prevents toiletries, such as shampoo, conditioner, etc, to be more than 3oz, and needs to be in a clear Ziploc bag.
Also, consider purchasing packing cubes. These are small usually clear plastic containers that can hold and organize your clothes or other goods so that you don’t have to feel like you are destroying your suitcase looking for one item. Doing this also helps you to leave room for more items to come.