Best Backpacking Axe
Axes are a useful tool in the wild. With the wealth of choices, it could be quite confusing to pick just one. After careful research, we’ve come up with the top three best backpacking axe to help narrow down your choices.
Our Top Picks At A Glance:
Note: The links above take you to more information, current prices and customer reviews on Amazon.
1. Fiskars X15 Chopping Axe
[amazon fields=”B000BX4SBI” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_link=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BX4SBI?tag=lolw-general-20″ image_class=”ais350″]
You get a good value for your money in this all-purpose X-series axe. It offers excellent weight distribution, superior blade geometry, very sharp edge and unbreakable design for the best performance
- Bites deep when chopping
- Designed with a more controllable 23 ½-inch handle that’s easy to swing
- The hardened steel blade cuts sharp, strongly holds edge and chews quickly
2. Estwing E24A 14-Inch Sportsman’s Axe
The US-made axe is awesome for the price. It is the choice of many outdoorsmen throughout the world. The fully polished head and handle are forged in one piece, offering unmatched balance and temper.
- Has sanded and lacquered authentic leather grip for a lovely finish.
- Features tempered 3 ¼-inch cutting edge for fuss-free cutting
- Built with high-quality American steel
3. SOG Tactical Tomahawk Axe
With this axe you get a multipurpose tool for excavation, extraction, breaching operations, obstacle removal and utility operations at a very affordable price. Constructed with 420 stainless steel and a sleek black finish, the 2.75-inch blade is built to resist corrosion and damage ensuring ultra strong performance.
- The polymer handle has heavy duty bolts and steel ferrule that prevents splitting.
- Ergonomic design for precise cuts and comfortable use
- Has a blunt edge for hammering and chiselled edge for extraction
Hungry For More Content?
Click this review to help you choose the best cheap backpacking axe.