Top 7 Best Tent Cot Reviews — Sleep Comfortable
When camping, nothing beats the experience of falling asleep to the sounds of nature around you. The gear you take with you determines your ability to sleep soundly. A sleeping bag has quickly become outdated as the preferred outdoor sleeping solution. Not even a regular camping cot can get the job done, which brings in the highly reliable tent cot.
It functions as a dual tent and cot wrapped up as one item. The best tent cot come with the option to sleep elevated from the ground. There are selections of them on the market, but our list of tent cot reviews focusses on the ones that give you the best bang for your buck with the highest ratings.
Best Cot For Tent Camping Comparison
The below links will bring you to Amazon:
- Kamp-Rite Oversize
- Kamp-Rite Original Size
- Kamp Rite Double Cot
- Kamp-Rite Extra-Large Compact
- TETON Quik pop Up Cot Tent
- Outsunny Tent Cot With Air Mattress
- iUcar Off Ground Tent Cot
Onto our camping cot reviews
These 7 tent cots we rounded up are what you need to leave the world of sleeping bags behind and step into the future of comfortable outdoor sleep.
1. Kamp-Rite Oversize Cot For Camping
[amazon fields=”B000I641UQ” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_link=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I641UQ?tag=lolw-general-20″ image_class=”ais350″]
What we like:
- A cot tent from a well-known tried and tested brand.
- It comes with two entry doors.
- The dimensions have the large-framed camper in mind.
- At the time of this review, it is the highest rated on Amazon.
Who is it for?
- The larger-framed camper who often has a limited selection of outdoor sleeping gear.
- Anyone who wants an elevation from the ground when camping.
The reasonably tall/large-framed person will appreciate the broader width and lengthier design of this ten cot. It is easy to set up which means that even the novice adventurer can confidently go with it for their first adventures.
Just on account of its size, it is not an ideal option for backpackers.
- It is nylon-made with mesh double doors and windows. The mesh doors and windows are zip-closed.
- An elevated platform places it high up from the ground keeping it dry and away from nasty creepy crawlies.
- It can comfortably see you through most wet conditions because of its 210D heavy-duty construction and the inclusion of a rain fly.
- Engineered with versatility in mind, it serves your needs for a tent cot, flat, cot, chair, and lounge.
- You can set it up in a matter of minutes (average under 10 minutes).
- Its dimensions are 37 by 34.2 by 6.8 inches when set up, and it folds down to 32″ by 36″ by 6″ with an overall weight of 25 pounds.
- The insect-proof tent still promotes 360-degree airflow in warmer climates.
- It comes with an additional 12 inches of headroom compared to the Kamprite Original cot.
2. Kamp-Rite Original Size Tent Cot
[amazon fields=”B000I6420U” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_link=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I6420U?tag=lolw-general-20″ image_class=”ais350″]
What we like:
- It is the U.S Military’s preferred choice backing it up as a quality product.
- The roomy interior is a perfect fit for most people.
- At 18lbs, it is the lightest of all the Kamp Rite products we have reviewed.
Who should get this bad boy?
- Backpackers will appreciate its lightness.
- Anyone who wants to shift to camping gear for sleep with decent ground clearance.
As the first Kamp Rite tent cot that started it all, anyone who wants to ditch the traditional sleeping bag can switch to this elevated sleeping pad. It brings an element of enhanced comfort to the camping experience while still allowing you to enjoy the great outdoors. A carry bag with roller wheels comes with the deal making it even easier to carry along with you.
The taller or larger framed person might find it a bit cramped, but the Kamp Rite Oversize and Extra Large cots addressed this issue.
A Few Awesome Features:
- It is nylon-made with double no-see-um mesh doors and windows featuring sliding zippers.
- A lightweight corrosion-proof aluminum frame gives it an 11-inch ground clearance.
- Use it as a lounge chair or cot, and once done carry and store it conveniently in the included heavy-duty rolling carry case.
- When fully set up, its measurements are 84′ (L) by 28″ (W) by 24″ (H).
- It supports a maximum 300lb weight.
- A standard 3/8″ foam pad comes with the package.
- The patented product folds down to 32″ by 30″ by 6″ and weighs 18lbs.
Kamp Rite discontinued the manufacture of this particular cot, but it is still available for sale. Check current prices on Amazon.
3. Kamp Rite Double Cot
[amazon fields=”B000BH46MU” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_link=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BH46MU?tag=lolw-general-20″ image_class=”ais350″]
- It is a double cot tent which means enough room for two.
- It functions as a lounge chair and tent cot.
- Interior storage pouches allow you to store your items conveniently.
Who should buy it:
- Camping couples.
- Parent/child champers.
Its unique hinge design offers versatile function converting to a lounge chair or a regular cot for use inside a larger tent. The fully-enclosed design of the Kamp Rite Double Cot transforms it into a private sleep shelter at virtually any location. It also comes with a quick set up in just a matter of minutes.
The main issue with it is the inability to maintain a comfortable temperature level when its raining and you use the rain cover. Even on a regular night, the lack of an apex vent causes moisture build up inside.
Some Cool Features:
- This double cot tent is made using 190 TPU nylon.
- It features the KampRite signature No-See-Um mesh windows and doors.
- A lightweight aluminum frame keeps it upright with a unique hinge design offering versatility of use.
- The two doors, one of each end, have zippered openings.
- It weighs 51 pounds and can accommodate a maximum 500lbs capacity.
- The tent’s dimensions are 53″ (W) by 84″ (L) by 51″ (H) when unfolded, and the bed size is 53″ (W) by 84″ (L).
We say buy it if you are looking for a big enough camping cot for two.
4. Kamp-Rite Extra-Large Compact Tent Cot
[amazon fields=”B009A80W1K” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_link=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009A80W1K?tag=lolw-general-20″ image_class=”ais350″]
- Its the smallest of the Kamp Rite products on this list.
- The design includes storage pouches on the inside and a hammock storage mesh underneath the cot.
Why buy it?
- It provides a comfortable bed for anyone to sleep on while camping.
The Extra Large cot as implied comes with the additional space every camper needs. A carry pouch and zipper roller bag come with the deal to accommodate the tent top and other parts separately. It supports a maximum weight of 400lbs.
It is flimsier when comped to the other Kamp Rite tent cots. Also, the exclusion of an overhead leaves you unprotected from the rain when going in and out of the tent.
- Its compactness makes it easier to handle, and it folds down to 43″ by 9″ by 9″ with a 29lbs weight.
- It allows for flexible use as a sleeping cot in a larger tent or as a standalone.
- It can support a maximum 400lbs weight.
- A roller bag with a zipper closure and padded handle make storing the parts easier. A carry pouch also comes with the package to handle the tent top.
- It also comes with a convenient storage hammock underneath the cot, inner storage pouches, and a rain fly.
5. TETON Quik Pop-Up Outfitter Cot Tent (XXL)
[amazon fields=”B007JTLT1Y” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_link=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JTLT1Y?tag=lolw-general-20″ image_class=”ais350″]
- The Pop-up design makes it the quickest on this list to set up.
- It is also the lightest at 4.3 pounds.
- A couple of neat accessories come with the package including a clip-on rainfly and a carry bag.
Who should get it:
- The solo camper.
Its lightness makes it without a doubt the best choice for hikers who want the elevated sleeping solution. Its quick set-up makes it what you want with you out on those unpredictable excursions.
The biggest issue would be the rainfly which falls a bit on the shorter side, but TETON has an elite rainfly available as an add-on to solve this problem.
- The engineering makes it ideal for use as a standalone or with most oversized cots.
- The construction also factors rugged conditions with micro mesh and taffeta inner linings.
- Quick release buckles make the set-up and dismantling process faster.
- It features a u-shaped side entry zippered door.
- A built-in bungee vestibule keeps water away from your sleeping bag.
- Five stakes, a tent, five guy lines, a rainfly, and a carry bag come with the package.
- Its dimensions are 82″ by 39″ by 32″ and when folded 25″ by 8″ by 5″.
- This single tent cot weights 4.2 pounds.
6. Outsunny Tent Cot With Air Mattress
[amazon fields=”B01DWAMXMC” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_link=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DWAMXMC?tag=lolw-general-20″ image_class=”ais350″]
- It comes with an air mattress, sleeping bag, and camping cot combined. Which strongly reminds me the mattress I have at home.
- Best yet, a pillow and sheets are also part of the deal.
Who should buy it:
- Any camper who wants a little luxury when sleeping outdoors.
This bad boy sets up in just a matter of minutes, and the all-in-one model makes it the perfect choice for just about anyone.
A little effort is needed to put up the Outsunny Tent Cot initially. Its compact nature coupled with its large opening may allow mosquitoes to sneak in when getting inside.
Some Noteworthy Features:
- The overall dimensions are 76″ (L) by 34″ (W) by 63″ (H) with a weight of 26.2lbs.
- The tent alone measures 74 1/2″ (L) by 31 3/4″ (W) by 41″ (H) while the cot measures 76″ (L) by 34″ (W) by 16 3/4″ (H).
- A large zippered door serves as the entryway and exit.
- The cot and tent detach from each other for independent and combined use.
- The package included the heavy-duty camping cot and tent, a carry bag, air mattress, foot pump, sleeping bag, pillow, and sheets.
Buy it if you want a luxuriously comfortable investment for your outdoor adventures.
7. iUcar Off Ground Tent Cot
[amazon fields=”B071VDX8SP” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_link=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VDX8SP?tag=lolw-general-20″ image_class=”ais350″]
- It provides an almost authentically traditional camping experience because it does not offer a high ground clearance compared to the rest.
- Its splittable through by unzipping it at the bottom for use as a leisure bed or tent.
Who is it for?
- Hikers will appreciate its compact and rugged design.
iUcar may not be a well-known brand when it comes to cot tents, but their unique off the ground tent offers an efficient solution to fight off wind and ground dampness. Its sturdy construction eliminates movement, and the included bedding provide maximum comfort.
It does take some effort to put together at first, and with incorrect set-up, the cot frame may snap off when shifting weight.
Some Sweet Features:
- The tent size is 79 by 26 by 42 inches, and it folds down to 22 by 5.9 by 5.9 inches.
- It weighs about 5.6 pounds making it the lightest on our list.
- The package includes an inner and outer tent, aluminum frames, and bed stent collectively making the off-ground shelter, and a carry bag.
- This 2-man tent offers a 5.9″ ground clearance.
The Features That Separate The Best Camping Cots From The rest
Anyone with a decent amount of camping experience has spent a few sleepless nights thanks to uneven terrain or stones digging into them. If you can lift your tent up from the ground, it makes these issues a thing of the past.
For anyone who is not all too familiar with the camping cot, it is a portable camping gear that functions as a tent seat and bed. When combined with a tent, you end up with the very topic of this post, which is the tent cot.
A camping cot and a tent are in essence independent camping gear, but more people are finding it more convenient to just go for the combined cot tent. They come in a selection of choices including single and double options. Many of the tents even
Single Tent Cot
As implied, you would go for this option if you are a solo camper. It does not mean that products which fall under this category offer fewer features and functions. In fact, most cot tents are single designs and come bundled up with all the good things.
Double Tent Cot
These options come with enough room to accommodate two people. They still allow you to use solo sleeping pads and sleeping bags if you just need the extra room. However, couples will find the best use out of them, and they can also handle two sets of sleep gear.
Camping, hiking, backpacking and just about any other outdoor activity involves quite a bit of movement. It means hauling your gear manually up a hiking trail or shifting them from the car to your camping spot. Hikers and backpackers without a doubt want to keep gear weight as low as possible.
It is entirely possible to find options that are below 10 pounds but can still support a decent enough weight limit. However, the overall weight may speak volumes regarding quality, and you do not want to end up with flimsy gear.
The cost of a tent cot depends on its features and functions as well as the brand manufacturer. They combine the role of tents and camping cots which places their price on the higher side. The alternative would be to buy the items separately which may end up being even more expensive.
When going through the available options, you want to make a mental note when it comes to which one offers the best value for your money. For instance, most come with a rainfly, sleeping pad, and carry bag. Any product that does not include any of these essential accessories would prove more costly because you have to buy them as add-ons.
Durability also adds to the value because you do not want to keep going back to the sporting goods store to replace a tent cot. Pay attention to the construction and materials used to make sure that you are buying a quality product.
Our list presents you with reviews of the best tent cots out there, but you might still have the nagging question about which one to buy. The casual campers who take those outdoor trips when the weather is favorable will find any of these options suitable.
However, hikers and backpackers who have to keep their weight load down should consider the TETON and iUcar tent cots. The Kamp Rite Original is also an excellent choice for adventurers who continuously encounter rugged conditions.
Campers who need roomier options should go for the Kamp Rite Oversize or Extra Large which specifically address this need.
Couples can choose between the Kamp Rite Double or the iUcar. Those who place emphasis on comfort or need it because of a bad back should go for the Outsunny tent cot.
In all honesty, you cannot go wrong by investing in these products because they essentially combine three or more independent but co-related camping gear. Even if the price was not a factor, off-the-ground tents are the modern way of sleeping outdoors, and it is currently the best way to enjoy a restful night outdoors.