Best Lightweight Backpacking Axe
A high quality backpacking axe can get the job done and help you survive in the wild. Let not the wealth of choices confuse you. Here’s our list of the best lightweight backpacking axe that every avid camper should know.
Our Top Picks At A Glance:
- Estwing E44A 16-Inch Camper’s Axe — All Steel with Shock Reduction Grip
- Schrade SCAXE2 Survival Hatchet Black Handle
- MTech USA Camping Axe
1. Estwing E44A 16-Inch Camper’s Axe — All Steel with Shock Reduction Grip
A camp axe as popular as this one is definitely the best bang for your buck. The US made axe will exceed your expectations for it is excellent for hunting, camping and farm use. It is designed with a forged steel head and the brand’s very own shock reduction grip that reduce up to 70% of shock.
- The 4-inch cutting edge makes faster, deeper cuts and easy chopping
- Comes with a heavy duty nylon sheath
- Lightweight but tough
Weighing only 1.37 pounds, this survival hatchet is ideal for outdoor use. It is built with a fire starter, making it such an awesome find.
- Ergonomic handle with rubber grip for safe, accurate cuts
- Includes a sheath to protect the blade and allow belt-carry
- Built with a fire starter
This compact and lightweight backpacking axe is excellent for camping enthusiasts and outdoor lovers. It is built with a two-tone blade with rubberized handle for a good grip.
- Features strong and durable 440 stainless steel blade
- Has rubber handle for comfortable grip
- Includes a black nylon sheath